Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blogtoberfest Day #5 - Something for me ... !

It's rare that I make something for me. Normally the jewellery I wear is the jewellery that my husband has bought for me (I'm a Swarovski addict!) or jewellery that I make for the sake of making, and then it ends up with me. I never, purposefully go into my bead stash, and think "right, well - what do I want for me?" and being unrestrictive with the materials.

Well, I had to change that! I collected some of my favourite beads (which was a task in itself) and I ended up with these ...

 
Turquoise coins, ceramic bird (and beads), handmade lampwork and green agate.
I just wanted that 'pebbly' look, the beads work so well together!

 
Teamed with sterling silver of course!
 
 
Have you made anything for yourself recently?

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely beads and make a beautiful bracelet. I seldom make things for myself, and I do love bracelets so maybe I should make one. I do have a gorgeous Swarovski one that someone lovely made for my wedding and I like to wear that but it is about time I made something for me.
    I am enjoying reading your blogging.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BBB
      You should make something for you! :)
      Oh in so happy that you still love to wear your swarovski bracelet! x

      Delete